Dear Monument Valley Families,
This update is to clarify how you can get a ChromeBook for your child from the school, and a preview of what we are starting for Remote Learning for all students in the school next week. Tomorrow I will send a more detailed message home about how we are starting school next week in our new Remote Learning way.
Thanks, and be well,
Here is how you can get a ChromeBook for your child if you need one:
- Families that are coming to one of the Food Distribution sites on Friday (tomorrow) that requested a ChromeBook will get one with the food boxes.
- Families that get a delivery of food on Friday (tomorrow) will get a ChromeBook delivered to them with the food boxes.
- Families can come to Monument Valley to pick up a device at the times and days listed below.
- Families that cannot make it to Monument Valley can request a delivery to their home by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
MONUMENT VALLEY ChromeBook PICK-UP DAYS AND TIMES:
- Friday, April 3 (tomorrow) between 8 am and 11 am in the Monument Valley CAR loop in the front of the school.
- Friday, April 3 (tomorrow) between 11 am and 1 pm in the Monument Valley BUS loop at the side of the school.
- Monday, April 6 (this Monday) between 11 am and 1 pm in the Monument Valley CAR loop in the front of the school.
STARTING SCHOOL NEXT WEEK: REMOTE LEARNING
Tomorrow I will be sharing the link and framework for how your children will do remote school on a distance learning platform, starting this Monday, April 6. The next phase will be coordinated learning activities designed by your child’s teaching team, focused on the learning standards and units of instruction we normally do. The teachers are doing an amazing job at grappling with the “New Normal” and are designing ways to launch learning remotely. At this point you should have had contact with your child’s Advisor, and possibly other staff from the school. ALL STUDENTS SHOULD CHECK THEIR SCHOOL EMAIL (bhrsdonline.org) ACCOUNT EVERY DAY. This is the way that teachers will communicate with their students. Every teacher will invite each of their students to their Google Classroom. All teachers will use Google Classroom to assign work, track student progress, give feedback, and connect with kids. Many of our students have already used this tool, so will be able to connect easily. Students who have never used Google Classroom or need support will get help from their teachers. Next week the focus will be to connect with and support students, and to get started on teaching and learning for those who are connected.