Dear Monument Valley Families,
By now, all are aware of the public health concerns surrounding the COVID19 virus. Today BHRSD district leadership imposed increased precautionary measures intended to mitigate risk of exposure.
- All field trips have been postponed until further notice. We will make determinations on field trips that are happening in April, May and June soon, and all field trips in March are canceled, including field trips next week.
- All after-school activities by outside providers are cancelled for now until further notice.
- We are still running the spring musical, after-school activities run by school staff, and Project Connection programming. We will continue to update as the situation evolves, and may need to cancel these activities in the future.
- All building use by non-BHRSD groups is suspended effective immediately.
- Please check the BHRSD Calendar for MVM activities on our website for updated information regarding cancellations.
- Water fountains in district schools have been disabled, but bottle fillers will remain in service.
During this period of heightened precaution, parents are urged not to send children to school if they show any signs of illness. Per special order of the governor and the superintendent, student absences recorded after March 2 will not be considered under policies of chronic absenteeism. Schools and parents have been granted latitude to adjust attendance practices in the interest of public health.
Please contact me or the office staff if we can answer any more questions about these new heightened precautions.
Thank you for your cooperation as we work collectively with state and local agencies to maintain the health of our community.
Ben Doren, Principal
Monument Valley Regional Middle School
313 Monument Valley Road
Great Barrington, MA 01230